We are an independent brand located in the Eastern Townships in the Canadian province of Quebec. You might have noticed that our name sounds a bit like “Captain”, and that’s no coincidence – just like a captain, we’re committed to steering our ship towards a cleaner, healthier ocean. In fact, we’re so passionate about this cause that we donate 10% of our profits to a non-profit organization dedicated to removing trash from the seas. We believe that companies like ours have a responsibility to give back to society and so we’re doing it, one product at a time.
Turning the Tide
We initially began with a simple goal to make a better baseball cap. We wanted to offer a symbolic accessory that could be casually worn by literally anybody, no matter your gender or size. We continue to promote this philosophy as we introduce new products to the world. In fact, our mission is to make gear that will allow us to explore our planet without harming the environment. After all, together we can make waves in the fight against ocean pollution.
- March 2018: Founded in 2018 by 3 university students
- June 2020: Caps sold for the first time in a brick & mortar store
- November 2020: Accepted into the League of Innovators program
- October 2020: Beanie launch
- October 2022: Quarter-zip fleece launch
- November 2022: Small Business Awards 2x winner:
- Best Headwear Fashion Brand 2022 – Canada
- Eco-Conscious Fashion Enterprise of the Year 2022 – Canada